BCE...A Fashion Line for the Bold, Confident, & Excellent. Identify Yourself with GREATNESS™

BCE...A Fashion Line for the Bold, Confident, & Excellent.  Identify Yourself with GREATNESS™
Photo Courtesy of Jason M Rene

Monday, September 6, 2010

You are what You Think; You are what You Wear

For as he thinketh in his heart, so is he.  Proverbs 23:7 KJV

In following this scripture, I've lived my adolescent and adult life repeatedly saying to myself..."THINK GREAT AND YOU'LL BE GREAT.  This is the key to rising above the life I was born into."  A life of which much detail doesn't have to be divulged because most of you reading this can relate.  If not, perhaps you'll get my drift if I put it this way.  Like many, I was not born with a silver spoon in my mouth, but the human mind naturally causes us to thirst for and fight for more than what we had.  Despite this fact of my life which I had no control over, I knew I could and would ACHIEVE GREATNESS because I was born with an innate desire to be someone GREAT, and a mind that wouldn't allow me to think anything less than GREAT. 

Just like everything else in life, wanting to be GREAT also comes at a price.  A price that is paid through your actions, your diligence, your character, the way you walk, the way you talk, and all the way down to the way you dress.  Emphatically, I stress all of these things, but my profession causes me to expound upon the price that is paid for GREATNESS through how we dress.  We live in a world of choices, and I have the utmost respect for the choices people choose to make for themselves because, I am not in the business of criticism or being the judge of one's actions.  I hold a strong belief that what you wear speaks volumes about who you are or what you represent, and directly impacts your attitude and the performance of your daily tasks.  It is for this reason, the BCE brand of clothing was created.  Created because, being in fashion is about being me; I wanted to wear clothing that represents who I am, what I believe, and where I am headed in life.  I wear nothing that isn't representative of me.  For example, skulls and cross bones, which I've always associated with death or poison.  I am a leader, I believe I can and will ACHIEVE GREATNESS, and GREATNESS is where I am headed and where the remainder of my life will reside. 

"The drum major instinct is a desire to be out front, a desire to lead the parade, a desire to be first.  It is something that runs a whole gamut of life.  Before we condemn those that have these desires, let us see that we all have the drum major instinct.  We all want to be important, to surpass others, to achieve distinction, to lead the parade." ~Dr. Martin Luther King - Final Speech at Ebenezer Baptist Church - A Drum Major for Justice

THINK GREAT * DRESS GREAT * BE GREAT

**The YouTube video below of Dr. King's 'A Drum Major for Justice' speech is a magnification of the symbolism behind the drum major.

BCE...a Fashion Line for the Bold, Confident, & Excellent
Identify Yourself with GREATNESS™
http://www.bceapparel.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
Excerpts of Pride, Style, and Swagger by CJ "Frank" Nelldell is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.